Use a calculated field and two dependent workflows in SharePoint to format a date
In this SharePoint Designer 2007 workflow demo you'll see how you can use a formula on a calculated field in a SharePoint list or library to apply formatting (such as including day and/or month names in a date) to a date field in another SharePoint list or library using two dependent SharePoint Designer workflows.
Before you begin, you must know how to create a SharePoint Designer 2007 workflow.
In this SharePoint Designer 2007 workflow demo you saw…
- How to define a formula on a SharePoint list column to format a date using workflows.
- How to create a SharePoint list item from within a SharePoint Designer workflow.
- How to set the value of fields in a SharePoint list item from within a SharePoint Designer workflow.
- How to tell a SharePoint Designer to wait for an update in a field.
- How to link two SharePoint lists to each other using a GUID.
- How to look up a SharePoint list item using its GUID from within a SharePoint Designer workflow that runs on a different SharePoint list.
- How to delete a SharePoint list item from within a SharePoint Designer workflow.