How to delete a SharePoint document library template or list template
A SharePoint document library template or a SharePoint list template can be used to create clones of a SharePoint document library or a SharePoint list. Learn how you can delete these templates when you don't need them anymore.
A SharePoint document library template, not to be confused with a document template in a SharePoint document library, is a .stp file that contains the structure, views, and optionally the contents of a SharePoint document library.
Likewise, a SharePoint list template is a file that defines the structure of a SharePoint list. Templates for both SharePoint libraries and lists are called List Templates in SharePoint.
In the How to move a SharePoint Document Library using a List Template video tutorial I showed you how you can use a list template to copy a SharePoint document library and its contents from one site to another.
This video tutorial also showed you how to delete the list template after copying the SharePoint document library and its contents.
SharePoint list templates are stored in Galleries on top-level sites in SharePoint site collections.
Delete a SharePoint document library template or SharePoint list template
- Go to the top-level site in the SharePoint site collection of the site from which you want to delete the SharePoint document library template or SharePoint list template.
- On the Site Actions menu, click Site Settings and then Modify All Site Settings.
- On the Site Settings page, under Galleries, click List templates.
- On the List Template Gallery page, click the Edit button for the SharePoint document library template or SharePoint list template you want to delete.
- On the List Template page, click Delete Item to delete the SharePoint document library template or SharePoint list template.
- 2 Ways to delete a document in SharePoint 2010
- How to delete a document library in SharePoint 2010
- 2 Ways to move a document library in SharePoint 2010
- Creating and deleting SharePoint 2013 content types
- Move documents from one library to the next in SharePoint 2010 using Open with Explorer