SharePoint 2013 Relevant Documents web part
Learn how you can add a Relevant Documents web part to a page in SharePoint 2013 for displaying a list of documents that are relevant to the current user.
The Relevant Documents web part is a web part that can be used for document management purposes in SharePoint.
The Relevant Documents web part displays documents that are relevant to the current user, which includes:
- Documents that were last modified by the current user.
- Documents that were created by the current user.
- Documents that the current user has checked out.
Any or all of these types of documents can be selected when you configure the Relevant Documents web part and then shown in a list on a SharePoint page.
The Relevant Documents web part was already available in SharePoint 2010 and continues to be available in SharePoint 2013.
To add a Relevant Documents web part to a SharePoint 2013 page
- In SharePoint 2013, navigate to the SharePoint page on which you want to add the Relevant Documents web part.
- Click Page > Edit > Edit.
- Click Insert > Parts > Web Part.
- In the Categories list select Content Rollup, in the Parts list select Relevant Documents,
and then click Add.
figure 1. Adding a Relevant Documents web part in SharePoint 2013.
- Once the Relevant Documents web part has been added to the SharePoint page, it will by default only display documents that were last modified by the current user with a link to the folder containing the documents. To configure the web part to display other types of documents, hover over the web part, click on the drop-down arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the web part, and select Edit Web Part from the drop-down menu that appears.
- On the Relevant Documents tool pane, expand the Data section, and select one or all of the following options:
- Include documents last modified by me
- Include documents created by me
- Include documents check out to me
- Display a link to the containing folder or list
- On the Relevant Documents tool pane, click OK.
- Click Page > Edit > Save.
You should now have a Relevant Documents web part displayed on your SharePoint 2013 page.
Still unclear? Watch the SharePoint 2013 video below.